Sunday 13 May 2012

wanting to pack my bags...


I'm not sure why it is, but at this point in time, I'm considering destinations, as I'm wanting to pack my bag and go on a journey.  I think it might be triggered by the change in climate. The days have turned cool, wet and windy, the days are shorter and the regular daily updates I receive about stunning resort or intriguing destinations, whilst sitting at my desk either tapping on the keyboard or speaking on the phone, doesn't help.

Maybe it is because, I am going to Vietnam on an amazing journey with a group of female friends/clients later this year, where we will be hiking, cruising Halong Bay, participating in a cooking class at K.O.T.O and spending a night or two in a luxury hotel, after spending nights staying in local homestay accommodation. Maybe what has also got me pondering an escape, is that my future fellow travellers have started chatting about what to pack. Packing for me has never been an issue, I don't live a life of having an excessive wardrobe, so I don't need one when I'm holidays. I trust having lived mostly out of a backpack for three years, whilst travelling and living aboard hastened me to want what is useful and practical.

It is a given when I holiday, I pack my swimmers (bathers), at the moment I'm favouring my European style bikini from Raife. Sneakers are always packed, they'll get used whether it be a dawn walk around town exploring the street before the chaos of the day begins or a power walk on the treadmill.  The sun hat is a must for those lazy pool side days, my handy Mimco sun visor will be great for the hiking days. A sarong is a must, it is so light and versatile when on holiday, I never travel with a towel. Another mandatory item I pack is a shawl, it is great for cool evenings over your shoulders, I've used it as a skirt visiting temples, a pillow whilst travelling or simply when the airconditioning becomes intolerable.  
Of course there is more to packing, but these are my basic needs. I'll share more in the near future on other items and what toiletries to pack.  Enjoy and share your thoughts, on what you must have in your bag, if you wish?
Urbanhats







No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts or enquiries...