Thursday 13 October 2011

lucy mceachern...

Lucy has recently returned from the USA after being invited to exhibit at the "Birds in Art". Its the second year, Lucy has been asked to attend the exhibition and of course she has been delighted in the experience.
To meet Lucy, she is dynamic - friendly, great sense of humour, a farmer, a committee member, a sculptor, I'm not sure about her cooking abilities, but I'm sure there is much more to this talented person. So, TWAD asks her a few questions:
When, where and who with was your first overseas holiday?
It was awhile ago...I was 5 when my mother and I went to the UK to meet the extended family. I still associate sounds and smells to that trip, such as my great Aunts kitchen.

What do you enjoy or not enjoy about travelling?
I love getting to know a culture and experiencing what a 'local' does, and the way travelling changes your perspective on life when you return.

Your accommodation favourites?
I like to stay somewhere central, where you are surrounded by the culture, if it be stepping outside your apartment in Split and hearing the locals cooking dinner upstairs or peering out a window on safari and seeing a heard of elephants wonder by.

How do people overseas respond to your work and you being Australian?
Generally they all comment on Australia's wildlife and their unique characteristics. So far, I think they respond quite well, we'll see if they invite me for a third time round!

Next stop?
Tough choice, but I've always wanted to go to South America.
Lucy and her Duck sculpture in America 2011

exploring Yosemite National Park

Lucy advises it is well worth the visit - Yosemite National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts or enquiries...