Wednesday 15 June 2011

10 year celebration...

Wow, ten years!  Travel With A Difference was just a seed, that appeared in my thoughts - it was about visiting and exploring destinations in comfort and style, that didn't involve brass and marble.  I never thought it would come to fruition, it was just a concept, a nice feel good idea.
I had spent three years travelling overseas and had dabbled in the worlds of skiing, sailing and surfing.  I was in my early twenties and it was all about meeting great people, being in different environments, being social and active during the day and into the night. So, I got a job within the travel industry, as it was the joy of meeting people, experiencing destinations and cultures, that I had decided I wanted from life.
After the arduous applications, I received my own travel licence on 14 June 2001.  At the beginning I worked on TWAD and at the Geelong Advertiser, until TWAD could sustain me.  At the end of August 2001, I committed to working fulling time within TWAD. Within two weeks the September 11 tragedy occurred, followed by sars, chicken flue, Bali bombings, the collapse of Ansett. 
It was a tough two years for all.

Christmas lunch in Denmark, WA 1977
I've reflected over the years on what I've wanted and received and enjoyed.  Now, I plan on what I want for life, as I believe happiness is a very important aspect of life.  I am grateful for the family holidays we had as kids, it was the travelling and exploring, the freedom we had and the creativity to entertain ourselves that I thank my parents for. As the cliche goes "it's all character building".  

So, to acknowledge my accomplishments and TWAD's ten years of existence, I wish to celebrate by giving you a complimentary night staying at Parkroyal Hotel Melbourne Airport, when you book a journey through TWAD for a 50 Degrees North or Travel Indochina experience. 
OFFER: Book & Deposit a journey before 31 July.
VALID: For travel during 2011.
QUOTE: TWAD celebration.
CONTACT: Us to today for a brochure or to arrange your holiday.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts or enquiries...